Risk and protective factors
It is widely understood that the nature of work influences the emotional experiences of teachers. There are some features of work that put teachers at risk of emotional discomfort, while other features that protect them from these negative experiences.
In the following resources you can read some research about these different factors:
- An article on The Conversation about how school environments impact on teachers’ stress:
- A video about XXX
- [Add working conditions video here]
[Add forum activity here]
- While watching the video and reading the article identify different aspects of the work that may protect teachers from teacher burnout or put them at risk of suffering it.
- Would you be able to think of any other aspects of teaching that may be a risk or a protective factor for teachers?
- Would you be able to identify some of these risk and protective factors in your own work?